Parkway welcome Sandhurst Town to Bolitho Park

Saturday 21st October 15:00pm Kick-Off

£5 Adult, £3 concessions

Sandhurst Town • Club History

Sandhurst Football Club was formed in 1910 and played in the Reading & District League until 1979 apart from a short spell in the East Berkshire Football League. In 1979, the Club was elected into the Aldershot & District Football League.1984 saw the Club finish as runners-up from whence they became founder members of the Chiltonian Football League and a stepping-stone toward becoming a senior club.

The best season in the Chiltonian Football League was in 1986-1987 when they finished in second place. In 1990 the Club applied for membership of the Combined Counties Football League and were granted senior status by the Berks & Bucks County Football Association. The first two seasons were disastrous finishing in bottom place on each occasion and only escaped relegation back to the Chiltonian Football League at the end of the second season due to the resignation of another member club. However, the form of the Club improved dramatically thereafter with manager Peter Browning bringing the Club the Aldershot Football Association Senior Invitation Challenge Cup in his first season followed by the Southern Combination Cup. Since then, the first team have managed to finish 5th in the premier division of the Combined Counties Football League, and in season 2006/2007 were winners of the Berks & Bucks FA Senior Trophy.

The first ground used by the Club was a field adjacent to the Bull & Butcher public house that may well have been used as the club headquarters. After a few years, a move was made to the Memorial Park where the Club remained until the 1996 close season, apart from a couple of seasons during the 1950’s spent on a nearby pitch in St. John’s Road.

The introduction of the National Lottery prompted an immediate bid for funding for a new ground in Bottom Meadow adjacent to the Memorial Park. With support and backing through additional matched funding from Bracknell Forest Borough Council and Sandhurst Town Council, the Club were successful in the first round of allocations by the National Lotteries Charities Board.

The new facilities opened in August 1997 at a cost of £265,000.The club celebrated it’s Centenary season in 2010/11 winning the League Cup final and getting through to two other semi-finals as well as finishing 7th in the Combined Counties League Premier Division our best league position for many years.

In season 2013/14 we added three new exciting squads of youngsters for the first time in our long history. An U18’s, U16’s playing in the prestigious FA Junior Premier League winning the league and runners up in league cup and U13’s squads. They ran alongside our existing 1st team, U18’s and ladies team. The youngsters benefitted from the expertise and experiences the club and it’s team had to offer and were vital step for us building a stronger future we were able to take direct control of player development and progression to the senior squads. This paid dividends again last year when our youth team were champions of the Allied Counties Premier Division.

This year we kick the season off with 4 teams, a First team playing in the Hellenic League Division One, a Development team playing in the Allied Counties League, a team playing in the Aldershot Sunday League and a Ladies team playing in the Thames Valley Women’s League.